Having a tough time with your stomach? Might be indigestion. Indigestion simply means the inability of your digestive system to function properly to digest the food you intake. Eating spicy, fatty foods is the major cause of indigestion. However home remedies for indigestion are the best way of treatment.
Some experience it because of an unhealthy digestive system. I know the better half of those delicious and oily regimens but seriously, they are not worth it in case you are suffering from indigestion. Oily food may also be the major cause of your problem. These kinds of food not only are difficult to digest instantly, but also affect your digestive system in the long run. Not much of a harmful disease but indigestion can get really irritating for the victims.
As indigestion is a result of our eating habits and lifestyle, the best way to get rid of it is to feed yourself with locally available resources or homemade products. Now with the remedies. Look closer and you will find all those remedies for indigestion available in your very own home. Below are some of the variations you need to apply to control or even get rid of indigestion completely.
Home Remedies for Indigestion
After heavy meal
• Chewing a fresh piece of ginger slice after every heavy meal is effective to counter indigestion problems. Ginger helps in digestion as it stimulates digestive juice and flow of enzymes. Ginger along with a pinch of salt might be more effective.
• Small amount of green tea just after your dinner may help overcome the problem. Flavor really doesn’t matter. If your tea is warm enough, you are just doing fine! But make sure to check out the brand name and the ingredients included.
• As an option, mixture of lime, ginger extract and honey with warm water can be effective.
• Baking soda is one of the most common and effective measures to stop indigestion. It acts like an antacid to destroy stomach acids that cause bloating and gas. Soda solution is preferred when mixed with a few drops of lemon in order to dispel its gas. In severe cases, you can also try this solution for instant relief.
• One of the best home remedies for indigestion, apple cider vinegar has the properties of both acid and alkali. Its alkaline property helps to reduce indigestion and boost the performance of digestive system. Try this awesome formula with glass half-filled with water.
• Plain hot water and lemon-lime soda also can settle indigestion.
• Adding two spoons of corrainder in buttermilk helps. But try not drinking it often.
• Water with peppermint is another effective beverage.
• One of the most relevant ayurvedic remedies for indigestion and gas are basil leaves. It helps to decrease the intestinal gas and settle Indigestion.
• You can also try Cumin as an ayurvedic remedy that not only helps in proper digestion by stimulating the secretion of pancreatic juice, but reduces problems like nausea and diarrhea.
• Give yourself enough time to relax in order to digest the food you intake. Never be in a hurry to perform any bold activities just after you have your meal. Relax for a few minutes after lunch or dinner.
• Your digestive system stops working at night. So, avoid supper or try not to eat heavy meals at night. Meals should always be taken 2-3 hours before you go to bed.
• Avoid smoking. Not close to one of those home remedies for indigestion, is it? But, along with restriction, avoiding smoking can also be included as a remedy. You may be unknown of the fact on how smoking aids indigestion. Because of the air consumption, it fills gas in your stomach which helps indigestion. Also, nicotine present in cigarette hinders the blood flow in your body which affects the digestive system.
• Limit the amount of alcohol you intake.
• NO! You can’t have those delicious spicy and fatty foods. Having delicious food is never a restriction. But spicy and fatty foods are the ones that affect.
• Do not chew with your mouth open. This results in excess intake of air which causes bloating and gas problems supporting Indigestion.
• Avoid eating without chewing properly. When you crush the food you intake into small pieces, it becomes easier for your digestive system to digest the food. Chewing properly really aids in controlling indigestion.
• Avoid gassy beverages like dairy products and fruit juice.
• For instant relief, place ice on your stomach.
• Chewing aniseed after your meal can help to relieve your discomfort.
• Chew fennel seeds. It controls indigestion caused by spicy and fatty foods.